Monday, August 15, 2011

Is camp over!!!!

okay so I was so stoked about football season... But can I just say... IM OVER IT... lol.. why you ask.. Simple.. us Coaches wives go into SINGLE MOMMY MODE.. so that means our Coach leaves at 6 am then returns home between 11pm and 2 am.  depends on how practice went and how long its gonna take to grade film.... I love football saturdays.. see I get a babysitter and kick back and enjoy myself.  Its my mommy day away.  Don't get me wrong there are many things about being a coaches wife that rock, but its also really hard.  There are no family dinners during season and recruiting... coaches work 7 days a week with crazy hours.  My kids can go days without seeing their dad..so what is a good momma to do..Pack a lunch and take the kids to practice so that when daddy walks off the field they at least can hug and kiss him for 5 minutes before he says.. Daddy's gotta go to meetings.. then its takes me another 20 minutes to get the kids in the car and off.  Then it starts....

I WANT DADDY!!!  at this point  I want to cry to and say ME TOO!!! cause gosh darn it IM EXHAUSTED... We see him for 5 to 10 minutes and it takes us 1 hr to get out the door and 20 mins to get back in the car... is it worth it... YES!! If my kids get to hear Daddy say I love you and kiss them and they are awake and remember then Yep its totally worth all the work...

I remember thinking when I had just 1 child how great it was to be a coaches wife and get to stay home.  Isaiah and I would play, play and go on great adventures... Now with 3 children its like okay Im gonna stand here and just try to organize the chaos...lol.. its not that bad but when I tell you there is a child in need of something every second Im totally not kidding.  So at bed time I crash.. and that is what Im about to do now.  I was trying to stay up and wait for Bill...however its 11:15pm and I will be up at 6ish so off to bed I go.  I have to tackle the back yard tomorrow.  The grass is high and I need to weed wack and oh I got to take the trash out... Dang I forgot 2morrow is trash day... Can I hire a temp hubby???  LOL... Like Merry Maids it should be Helpful Hands... I need a maid too... oh heck I need a lot of things but its not on the BUDGET... those budgets are a pain in my tush...Anyway... Good night my fellow CW's... may the Mommy force be with you!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home